Thursday, June 4, 2009

The JOY of the Lord

"I am with you always, so stop running away from the things I've called you to." As much as I long for that passion and vision that I have for future years, I need to make youth my passion and vision for now. I'm struggling with that. Some days it's all about me. Scratch that; It's always all about me. I'm sick of that, it always makes everyone more complicated. I need to learn to encouarge when I don't feel like it. To sacrifice myself for the sake of the one who sacrificed everything so that we can feel loved. His love has been too distant.

The change I've been experiencing lately is really starting to change my perspective. I no longer am going to be governed by a set of rules, guidelines, and requirements. I have freedom to choose where my focus lies. And I'm laying it all out on the table. I love Jesus because He's loved me; He's called me to love. So I turn my attention to the things he's called me to. For now anyway. Greater things are yet to come. I just have to let them, instead of grasping at them before their time.

Thank you Jesus, for being my strength when I was just too stubborn to admit that I really could handle what you'd given me. I can Lord. Lead me. Develop in me passion and vision for things that are now; direct my thoughts towards the present; people hurting. Allow me to be a good servant in handling this stress so that I will be capable of handling more. I don't want to be stuck in stress and depression; I want to live the calling that you've placed on my life - the JOY of the Lord is my STRENGTH. Revive in me my childlike spirit, and the peace that accompanies joy. You've shown me love that I didn't deserve. Let that resonate in my life. Thank you Lord.

No comments: